Our toughened glass is a type of safety glass that is up to five times stronger than float glass. If broken, it safely crumbles into smaller granular pieces instead of splintering into jagged dangerous shards as with annealed glass. This makes it ideal for windows, balustrades public shelters, digital screens, canopies or any other applications that would become dangerous in the event of breakage - particularly glass installed at height.
Processed using our state-of-the-art toughening plant, we manufacture toughened glass from as little as 4mm, and heat strengthened glass from 3mm, cut to size, with a range of finishing options. It can be incorporated into laminated glass, double/triple glazed units and a combination of these. Using the latest glass cutting technology, the glass can be machined in all shapes and drill configurations, from simple to highly complex with top quality edge finishes to specification.
We have over seven decades of experience toughening glass, and supply our product across the world. All our glass products have a high-quality finish with minimum distortion and bow. We also offer the option of a Heat Soak Test for added peace of mind.
Available in a range of stock, toughened glass is fully tested and certified to BS EN 12150, BS EN 857 and BS EN 14179. We also offer coated glass technologies to specification.
- Up to five times stronger than annealed glass
- Toughened from 4mm
- Heat strengthened from 3mm
- Cut to size
- Available in all shapes and drill configurations (see data sheet for more info)
- High quality finish with minimum distortion and bow
- Can be incorporated into laminates and double/triple glazed units
- Tested and certified to British and European standards
- Optional heat soak testing to DIN 18516 and BS EN 14179
- Short lead times